If you are planning a trip to the Grand Canyon, you may wish to try out the following 7 things to have a memorable and fun-filled Grand Canyon vacation.
California Condor on a Grand Canyon Rafting Expedition
- Ride a bike. The Grand Canyon has miles of green biking trails and rim side roads that let bikers enjoy stunning views of the Canyon. Biking in the Grand Canyon is full of fun and adventure. Further, if you are short on time, it is indeed a quick way to see the canyon.
- Try out hiking. Want to experience the enormity of this natural wonder? Do some hiking, even if it’s just a few miles below the surface. As you traverse these mighty trails, you would get to feel the incredible vertical scale of the Grand Canyon. Just ensure that you are physically fit as hiking at such high elevation can be dangerous for people with certain medical conditions.
- Go white water river rafting. There is no better way to see the canyon. White water river rafting promises the adventure of a lifetime. One will soon find out that in addition to the rapids there are hundreds of fabulous side canyons with waterfalls, pools, vertical walls, and fascinating geology.
- Rent a car to hit on all the major highlights of the Canyon in a day. Renting your own car gives you the freedom and flexibility to explore the Canyon at your own speed and convenience. You may take a guided tour if you want. Guided tours are great if you do not know much about the Canyon. By being with someone who knows the place inside out, you can rest assured of a great vacation in the canyon.
- Take a mule ride if you want to have some fun on your Grand Canyon vacation. Mule rides are usually available at Bright Angel Lodge but you should check if they are available or not. Watching the mules is as much fun as riding on their back. Stop by the mule barn in the Grand Canyon to watch the mules.
- Do you enjoy camping? Even if you have never tried it before, you can plan a camping excursion in the Grand Canyon. Just make sure to acquire a permit to camp around the Grand Canyon before you set your camp.
- Visit Hermits Rest, Hopi Point, Mohave Point, Lookout Studio, Kolb Studio, and Hopi House. Though there are many other places to see, these are definitely a must-see places. These places are fun to be at and unique in their own way. Further, you can get some great photographs at these places.
Taking your holiday in the Grand Canyon can be a lot of fun. Just make sure that you plan your holiday well in advance and take a lot of great photos. You should come back home with great memories that you would cherish for ever.
The Grand Canyon is a great place to plan your next vacation.
Planning a trip to Grand Canyon is both exciting and confusing. If you are going to Grand Canyon for the first time, here are some tips to help you plan nearly perfect Grand Canyon family vacation:
- First and foremost, check out the weather before you start with all the preparations. You can search the web to find out the best time to visit the Canyon. The period between March and May and then from September till November is considered to be the best time to enjoy vacations in Grand Canyon. Summers are warm and busy. To enjoy discounts and offers, you may plan your holidays in the winter months though you may have to bear the cold.
- Next you must decide how you will get there. Depending on the availability of time, your budget, and personal choice, you may reach the Grand Canyon by train, or you may board a flight or drive on your own.
- Decide which part of the Canyon you want to visit. South Rim is ideal for family vacation due to abundance of services and hotels. If however you are looking for fun and adventure, visit Grand Canyon North Rim. North Rim is quieter than the South Rim and is ideal for couples as well. If you want to avoid going on high altitudes and want to experience the bottom of the Grand Canyon instead, consider Grand Canyon West on the Hualapai Indian Reservation.
- Make a list of things that you would want to do when in Grand Canyon. Exciting Colorado River rafting trips, hiking, biking, mule rides, and Grand Canyon air tours are some of the endless things you can do out there. Browse the web to find out what’s best to do in Grand Canyon. You may take help of a tour operator to plan the itinerary depending on the availability of time and your personal interest.
Finally, make the bookings well in advance and confirm them before you leave. Ensure that everything is in order and you would have a great time on your Grand Canyon vacation.
Lava Falls is a Class IV to V Rapid Rated 8-10 on the Colorado River Scale
The mighty Colorado River offers a fantastic rafting experience to one and all. The sections of the river that flow through Westwater Canyon, Cataract Canyon, and the Grand Canyon are deemed to be some of the most dramatic stretches of river on Earth. Rafting along the Colorado River will give one memories they will never forget. Floating along in the river one will enjoy the sky-high sandstone cliffs, exciting rapids, and amazing wildlife.
If you are a first time rafter and are confused as to what to bring along, here are some tips:
- Swimsuits/shorts that can dry out quickly
- Warm jacket
- Warm hat and visor
- Loose and comfortable T shirts, fleece tops and bottoms, hooded sweatshirts
- One or two pair of shoes that can stay securely on your feet and will not slip off your feet
- Sunglasses with neck strap
- Sunscreen lotion with SPF
- Flash light
- Water bottle
- Change for buying Souvenirs or post cards of Colorado River and Grand Canyon
- Fishing gear
- Camp toys such as cards, Frisbee
- Soap, shampoo, hand wash tooth brush, toothpaste, and other toiletries (Try to get biodegradable stuff to avoid polluting the river since you would be washing over there)
- Insect repellent
- Lightweight binoculars for enjoying the amazing wildlife
- Camera to capture the special moments of your Colorado river rafting trip
Enjoy Colorado River Rafting Trips and make your time memorable!!